Wednesday, December 23, 2009

O Virgo Virginum: O Virgin of Virgins (2009)

December 23:

O Virgin of Virgins, how shall this be? For neither before thee was any like thee, nor shall there be after. Daughters of Jerusalem, why marvel ye at me? That which ye behold is a divine mystery.





Still no sound file available for this one; the only people who sing it are Anglican and Norbertine monastics - and that's a small population indeed.

(EDIT: There are now (12/2010) a couple of versions of this one at YouTube. The one linked in the commments, and this one - from Japan!:



)

And that is the last O Antiphon; it's now Christmas Eve. A blessed Feast of the Incarnation to all.

5 comments:

Song in my Heart said...

the only people who sing it are Anglican and Norbertine monastics

And me.

bls said...

Thanks for that link, SimH....

Song in my Heart said...

You're welcome.

Anything else you haven't been able to find and think I should have a crack at recording? Bear in mind I am a great big newbie at reading chant notation...

bls said...

Can't think of anything right now, but if I do, I'll post about it. Thanks.

Adrian said...

... and St Paul’s Covent Garden: O Virgo (in English) is at 1:04:30 on this Advent service recording https://m.soundcloud.com/davidelvin/advent-carol-service-from-st-pauls-church-covent-garden-2015

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...